During our series of Local People, Local Stories, Local Impact, we featured Amanda Smith, Member Engagement Specialist for Cardinal Healthcare Innovations.
Amanda mentioned digital resources to help support Stokes County residents physically and emotionally. Below are links for entertainment for kids and adults, support for mental health and physical health, recipes and more. During these uncertain times remember your mental health and wellbeing is as important as your physical wellness.
“As we all continue to shelter in place, we at Cardinal want to thank you for letting us provide you with what we hope is a weekly dose of wellness. And in case a reminder is needed–you deserve to feel good both physically and emotionally. See below for easy ways to practice self-care.”-
Amanda Smith, Member Engagement Specialist for Cardinal Innovations Healthcare
Links Specific for Kids:
- Amazon has opened up a variety of Prime Video kids programming to all users for free. Usually reserved for Amazon Prime customers, but now available to everyone at no cost. Choose from PBS shows to movies. All that’s needed is an Amazon account, which can be obtained for free by signing up on the main site.
- Free Crayola coloring pages-Crayola is offering free-to-download (and print) coloring pages, organized by season.
- Free Photography Classes-Nikon is offering free online photography classes through April 30, 2020. Normally between $15 – $50 each, all 10 classes at the Nikon School can now be streamed for free. Each class is taught by a professional photographer. Some classes cover Nikon products, but many teach photography basics that anyone can benefit from.
- Google’s Arts & Culture collection-Virtually tour hundreds of well-known museums around the world including the Guggenheim, the National Gallery of Art in Washington, DC, the National Gallery in London, the Acropolis Museum in Athens and more. In many, you can use Google’s street view feature to ‘walk’ the museum.
- Free Guitar Lessons-Guitar manufacturer Fender is currently offering a free 3 month subscription to their Fender Play tuition app to new subscribers who want to learn acoustic or electric guitar, bass or ukulele.
Links below will open to a pdf in new window
- A Simple Way to Practice Mindfulness: PDF will open in new window
- Fun Simple Mindfulness Activities for Children: PDF will open in new window
- Simple Healthy Snack Recipes: PDF will open in new window
- 5 Foods Linked to Brain Power: PDF will open in new window
- Steps to Relaxation- Deep Breathing Exercise: PDF will open in new window
- Locating Phone and Online Support: PDF will open in new window
- Adult Coloring Pages: PDF will open in new window
- Entertainment Links: PDF will open in new window
- Mood Boosting Foods: PDF will open in new window
- 8 Feel Good Tips to Boost Your Mood: PDF will open in new window
- LGBTQ COVID-19 Information and Support: PDF will open in new window